Location: Easton, MD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for site and project development design including stormwater management, site grading, utilities and erosion and sediment control for residential, commercial, industrial, institutional and municipal projects. This is an immediate need within our staff portfolio and offers potential growth opportunity in the Company. We seek candidates that are highly motivated, have field construction and/or construction management experience, have strong engineering and design skills, are able to work on multiple tasks and projects daily, have strong written and verbal communication skills and desire to work in a fast paced but casual working environment. Candidates should also have demonstrated skills in working with other design and technical staff and be accomplished with project management and work delegation.
- Perform engineering functions to complete site designs of varying complexity,
- Design grading, drainage and utility plans using Civil 3D design software,
- Perform engineering design for wastewater pumping stations and pressure sewer systems,
- Prepare and assemble details needed for construction,
- Perform hydraulic and hydrologic stormwater management analysis and design,
- Design sediment and erosion control measures applicable for varying project types,
- Maintain budgets and time frames on projects being managed,
- Prepare bond and cost estimates.
- Manage design, permitting and construction services efficiently and responsibly,
- Required to sign and seal drawings with PE stamp for assigned project when authorized by the Principal/Project Manager,
- Will be required to maintain positive client relationships on a regular basis,
- Participate in adopting and improving design standards and internal procedures,
- Develop cost estimates for new work proposals,
- Communicate effectively with staff, clients, contractors, and government agencies,
- Attend progress meetings for projects when required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution, with experience primarily in land/site development, with knowledge of utilities, drainage, quality control and project management,
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering design,
- A Maryland PE License is required.
- Working knowledge of CAD/Civil 3D design software,
- Project and client management experience is preferred,
- Knowledge of local and State permitting processes is preferred.
How to Apply
- Download our Employment Application form
- Email the form along with your resume to Nicole Harris: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits including medical, dental, life, short term and long term disability insurance policies based on salary
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- 401(K) plan with 3% salary Safe Harbor match